I love this paprika cream chicken. It’s quick and easy to make and full of flavour. It’s great served with rice, bread, potatoes or even over pasta if you wish. Then all you need is some veg on the side and dinner’s ready.
Although I love smoked paprika, I don’t use it here. I stick with the warm, earthy, unsmoked variety. If you want to add some heat to your meal then a little cayenne would be a good way to go, but I like this sauce just as it is.
My favourite way to serve this is with some seasonal veg and a good chunk of freshly baked bread to clean the plate with.
PAPRIKA CREAM CHICKEN
COURSE: AUTUMN, MAINS, WINTERPREP TIME: 5 MINUTESCOOK TIME: 15 MINUTESTOTAL TIME: 20 MINUTESSERVINGS: 4 PEOPLEAUTHOR: ANNAGolden chicken in a creamy, garlicky, paprika sauce. You’ll have dinner on the table in no time!Print Recipe Pin Recipe
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 8 large or 12 small chicken fillets ((tenders))
- Salt and pepper
- ½ teaspoon mixed dried herbs such as oregano, basil, herbes de Provence etc
- 1 large clove garlic (finely sliced)
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 200 ml (1 cup) chicken stock
- 100 ml (½ cup) single cream
- Seasoning to taste
- Pour 1½ tablespoons of the oil into a non-stick frying pan and place over a medium heat.
- Sprinkle the mixed herbs evenly over the chicken and season well.
- Pan-fry the fillets for 5-6 minutes on each side until golden brown and cooked through. Turn the heat down and add a dash more oil. Sprinkle the garlic and paprika over the chicken fillets then turn them once or twice to ensure the garlic and paprika are cooked through.
- Add the stock and allow it to bubble up, scraping the crispy bits of chicken from the bottom of the pan as it does. Now add the cream and stir gently. Simmer for a minute or two then check the seasoning and adjust if necessary. Serve.
Calories: 416kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 45g | Fat: 24g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 242mg | Sodium: 225mg | Potassium: 643mg | Vitamin A: 16% | Vitamin C: 0.3% | Calcium: 3.8% | Iron: 12.7%